The proprietor of an Aberdeenshire travel agency has thanked quickly-performing firefighters for preventing a blaze from reaching his shop.
Fire crews expended hrs tackling a flat fireplace higher than the independent travel agent HolidayMakers in Station Square, Aboyne, on Thursday night.
Proprietor Jim Anderson claimed the fast reaction ensured his premises experienced only small harm.
He stated: “There is just some h2o coming by means of the ceiling and the odor of smoke, so we are rather blessed that the fire hasn’t afflicted us instantly.
“Unfortunately, the flats upstairs glimpse seriously weakened, but the most critical point is that no-one particular was damage.”
Nearby councillor Geva Blackett, extra: “I’m so happy no just one was harm, as it need to have been horrific for the individuals in the flat and also for the inhabitants of bordering qualities.
“As common, our fireplace crews did an incredible task and I comprehend the roof of the building is now staying produced watertight.”
Councillor Peter Argyle, who signifies the Aboyne, Higher Deeside and Donside ward, praised the rapid steps of firefighters.
He explained: “I’ve been instructed that the reaction of the firefighters included in the incident was 1st-fee, as it usually is.
“The do the job they did on this celebration absolutely prevented a lot extra severe damage to the premises.
“They do a wonderful occupation and I’m certain the overall group is grateful to those included for the perform they did not only on Thursday night but also the operate they do the relaxation of the time.”