Must know car accident facts
The chances that you might end up in a car accident when taking out your car on the road is 50-50. No matter how conscious you are, you can end up in a car accident case due to someone else’s negligence. Here are some facts about car accidents that you must know which will help you from ending up in a compromised situation. However, you must know that a Seattle car accident lawyer is always ready to help you, and in the case of a car accident seeking them is the wisest decision you will ever make.
- It is claimed that most car accidents occur at a distance of 3 miles from the home.
- The most common factors behind a car accident are environmental factors, distraction, fatigue, and any kind of medical or emotional impairment.
- Each year nearly 1.3 million people lose their lives due to car accidents.
- The car accident deaths in a day count up to about 3,287.
- The 9th leading cause of death in automobile accidents.
- It is most likely that people who are aged between 15-29 are more prone to car accident deaths.
- The most common and deadly personal injury cases are reported car accidents.
- Among all the car accident cases half and all fatal accidents are due to driving under the influence.
- The weekend witnesses most drunk driving cases between the hours from 12 at midnight to 3 in the morning.
- Among the pedestrian accidents, 4,378 deaths are due to cars running up on pedestrians. The number is data that has been reported annually.
- Almost 15 school-aged students die due to bus accidents each year in the United States.
- All 50 states of the United Nations and other countries have seat belt laws, as they are very important for individual safety.
Importance of hiring a car accident attorney
Whether you are severely hurt in a car accident case or not, hiring an attorney always helps. While you will be running to the doctors for your recovery, they will carry all the legalities like filing the petition, talking to the insurers, and collecting all the necessary evidence. People might experience post-traumatic stress after a car accident, and in such a condition handling the lawsuit might not be the best idea. Instead, you should follow your doctor’s advice and rest.